Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Homemade gifts: Flower mirror

I find myself home this week after badly spraining my ankle...again. This is the third bad sprain in 15 years. It hurst like crazy and I can't do much so I might as well blog!
Wanna see??
Ugh! Gross huh? Sorry!! I'm waiting for x-rays, although I'm pretty positive it's not broken. I've been down this road before. Now on to prettier things!

For Mother's day this year I made my Mom this handmade gift. I didn't make the mirror but I did paint it, stencil it with Glass Bead Gel and make each of those tiny numerous flowers. I found this lovely tutorial and used the techniques shown to create said flowers. I used regular printer paper, Distress Ink in Broken China, Tattered Angles Chalkboard spray in Sprout (applied with a Q-tip to the centre) and adhesive pearls.
My Mom loved it so much she's planning on painting the bedroom to match it.

post signature


Kerr's about reading said...

That's beautiful!

Joy said...

AAAAHHHHH that looks painful Vic. I hope the pain goes away sooner than later.
That is a beautiful frame! I love the texture and those awesome flowers.

Barbara said...

ouch!!!!! That looks like it hurts - a lot!

What a pretty frame.