Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday-Washi Tape Weaving

Hello all!
I'm starting a new series of tutorials on my wee blog here. I've already recorded two videos and have a few fun ideas that I can't wait to share.
The first is Washi tape weaving. Washi Tape, for the uninitiated, is a Japanese art paper tape. I have quite a few rolls that I purchased from the Paper Place in Toronto, and hardly ever use them. I recently came across a tutorial on weaving that was lovely, but completely baffled me. So I put my crafty OCD to good use and developed a new way to play with it. I them filmed a cheesy video to share with you all.
Here is a couple of cards I made with the technique. The circular card is made from the sample I did in the video.
And without further delay here's the video...enjoy!!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Cool idea! Great job! :)

Connie Mercer said...

super cool~great tutorial!!!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

very fun, have been baffled by 'washi' tape until now...thanks so much for sharing

Unknown said...

Awesome Vic! TFS I am going to give that a try.