Monday, December 31, 2012

Hello 2013!


Helloooooo out there! I've disappeared from the blogisphere for quite some time and quite on purpose. The last two months where pretty grueling and crappy. I didn't have anything positive to share, so I didn't share.

Truth is I'm glad 2012 is over. As years ago this one was difficult to say the least, but enough about that.

On to positive things! My Dad is now cancer free and healthy. My husband is on the eligible to hire list for this year and next year (at the Toronto District School Board), my daughter has an amazing role in the National Ballet's Nutcracker. I'm finishing up a great year designing with Momenta.
Sidney as lamb in the Nutcracker

As most of you scrappy types also do I'm picking a new word for the new year. Last year my word was active. It was a good word and helped me guide my actions.
My word for 2013 is: quiet. I tend to babble on externally and internally and it's annoying. I need to stop blathering out loud and talking myself out of things internally. I need to stop complaining and focus on my blessings. I need to be gentler with my daughter and husband.
So hopefully this word will guide my actions this year.

Here's homage collage I recently finished. I loved every second of making it! It's a total lift of Anna DÄ…browska – PÄ™kocka, also known as Finnabair (pronounced Finavar).
I'm a huge fan of hers and dearly hope I can take one of her classes soon.


To all my readers I sincerely wish you a Happy New Year!!


post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just logged on to see who "us Canadians" was and so happy to see its you! hehehe... Maybe the "I know a Canadian, her name is ____ do you know her?" is actually true! LOL Thanks for watching and commenting on my jumpstart video!

LOVE what you created here inspired by Finn! Stunning!! She'll be here in July. You should bring this to show her!!! I know she'd love to see!