Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Another day off, another sunburn

You would think I'd learn to use sunscreen by now. Oh well, the icky flu bug has left our house and all is well. A few weeks ago I came across this tutorial while hunting for Michael's coupons. so I gave it a go. I changed it up a bit as I skipped the hanging ribbon thingy and added another layer of paper strips to make it look fuller. As well, instead of lining the inside of the wreath with paper I used some flowers attached with brads. On the top of the flower I put grungepaper butterflies that I had punched out, painted, coloured with copics and decorated with pearls.
It was a lengthy project but fun. Now that I'm no longer on any Design Teams I plan on making more stuff for the house...but more about that next post!
Here's the wreath on my super ugly door!

2 comments:

Kate's Life said...

Great project!!! Congrats on completing your DT gigs- enjoy some creative down time!!!

Deanna said...

This is so cool Vicki!