Saturday, January 11, 2014

Breaking down the page: Ninth Birthday

This a bit of an older page, but I love it and can't remember if I shared it here yet or not. It was in Canadian Scrapbooker last summer.

What works:
-good use of anchoring. Separate elements on the page are linked together in a way that moves the eye across the page.

-title placement. The title stands out due to placement and contrast (font shape, colour and size).

-colour pallette. The colour choices on the page were pretty much a no-brainer since the base paper had a beautiful watercolour design (Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook line).

What doesn't work:
- the journaling. I always regret not journaling in black pen. I remember reading Heidi Swapp's "Love Your Handwriting" years ago and she always uses black pen to journal. It helps the journaling standout and not blend in with the other page elements.

-it's a little busy. In retrospect I would have made the embellishment cluster a little smaller. It looks a bit overwhelming and crowded with the journaling. (I never plan my journaling out in advance...bad habit).

Have a crafty weekend!



Breaking down the page is a new feature on my blog designed to help you improve your scrapbooking. Read more about and other blogging categories here: Blog manifesto

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Is the stitching right on the page? What if you had made an error or ripped it?