Wednesday, January 04, 2012

One Little Word: 2012

Happy New Year!
This year Sidney and I both picked words. She's old enough to get the concept now and I thought it might be a good experience for her. I chose "active", she chose "calm" and we both made necklaces to give ourselves visual reminders for the year. It wasn't until I photographed said necklaces that I realized that are words are pretty much opposites and that they are what we need from each other.
She needs me to be more engaged in her life than I have been. I'm good at going through the routines, getting her to places on time..etc. I'm not always so good at paying attention.
I need her to learn how to not take everything so seriously and enjoy a little more. I worry that her perfectionism is keeping from experiencing all that she can.
On a more personal note, I chose this word as an extension of last year's word. I need to implement many of the strategies I came up with last year, in other words I need to act on them.
I've made a good start health wise so far. I've begun to meditate, lost 11 pounds and started to understand my health a bit better, but there is so much more to be done. Gradually, I'm getting there and I know it's the right direction.
Share with me your word this year and your plans for it!!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee that you made necklaces for each other!! And I noticed right away that they were the opposite...lol... I thought you did that on purpose! lol! I have my OLW picked and I am sharing it on the 11th with an altered item I made! :):):):):):):):):):):)