Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Thud!

That was the sound of my mother falling over in shock.
Yes, the girl who literally sewed her thumb to her pencil case project in grade seven has taken up stitchin'.
I've been embroidering on my layouts for sometime but it took Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching to really get me hooked on giving fabric a try (pun intended....sorry).
Here's my first official project (well my first real project looks like Sid did it in her spare time during kindergarten, so this is the first one I'll show publicly).

This a cheap tea towel and it desperately needs ironing but I like it. It's going to be a blanket for Sid's doll once I french knot some more sprinkles on the cupcakes.
In more scrappy related news I did my first two layouts of 2010. Both were for the new Page Maps call at Scrapbook and Cards today magazine. I did one paper and one digi. It's been a very long time since I used photoshop to scrap and it felt great. I much prefer the digi layout and it took a quarter of the time. Of course it's only existence will be on my computer if I never get around to having it printed.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, these are amazing Vicki!

Marissa said...

Beautiful! You have done a fabulous job with the embroidery! Your pages are gorgeous!!!
Yet again, you inspire!

Home Generator Pasadena said...

Nice post thanks for sharing.