Geez, it's 2010 already. 2000 was a minute and a half ago.
Ten years ago:
- I was 26-27. It was one of the best years of my life.
- I was a newlywed.
- I opened my own jewellery studio in a creepy old building.
- I came, smoked (not cigarettes), drank and went as I pleased.
- I became comfortable with myself.
It was a good year and a damn good decade.
Many things shaped the last ten years but nothing as earth shatteringly, shaken to the core important as the princess herself; Miss Sid.
The last six years define this decade for me (and Sean, I'm guessing).
I remember being on the Ossington bus , five months pregnant and having a total panic attack that I would lose myself after Sid was born. I was freaked that I would not be the same person or see things the same way after she came.
That fear was justified. I lost myself for better and worse. We all remember the worse, so I won't dwell on that. As for the better, it's a total cliche but I'm a better person because of her. Kids have a habit of letting you see what is important and what is crap.
That being said, I'm not perfect, far from it. I have a long, long, loooooong way to go. However, I have an excellent guide in my picky princess.
So here is my status for this New Year's eve:
- I am a Mom.
- I have a challenging job I enjoy.
- I don't make jewellery anymore (for now) but I still create every chance I get.
- I love my little family more than I can say.
- I own a rockin' rodent (lol).
- I'm still comfortable with who I am, although I need to work on the shyness/lack of confidence thing I've got going on.
So. Happy New Decade. Thanks for being part of the last one.